10:00am SUNDAY, 9/30 — Narrative Short Film Block
[themify_button text=”#ffffff” color=”#73d4e6″ target=”https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/8593566/narrative-short-film-block-hickory-footcandle-film-festival” bgcolor=”light-blue” size=”large” link=”https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/8593566/narrative-short-film-block-hickory-footcandle-film-festival”]Buy your tickets online now[/themify_button]
(Narrative, Denmark, Subtitled) Sayid, a refugee doctor from Syria, has just received a Danish residence permit, and is about to embark on establishing a new life in rural Denmark together with his son Adnan. At the same time as having to learn a new language, he faces the challenge of maintaining his boy’s respect, in a situation where Adnan’s assimilation seems to be going somewhat faster than his own.
RATING: Intended for Teen Audiences or older
Director: Sylvia Le Fanu
- Born in 1990 in London, UK. Moved to Denmark in 1993 together with parents, who worked at The European Filmcollege, Ebeltoft (1993 – 2007).
- 2010 – 2013: BA in Film&Media studies, Copenhagen University
- 2015- 2017: Directing student at 18Frames the Independent Filmschool of Funen. (Midterm project: “Abu Adnan”).
- 2017-2020: Directing student at The Norwegian Filmschool
- 2017 MEENA (Tv-series)
- 2017 ABU ADNAN (shortfilm, drama, Filmschool 18Frames)
- 2015 PÅ HØJE TID (shortfilm, drama, Danish Filminstitute).
- 2012 – 2015 Various school projects (Copenhagen Film and Photo school, Copenhagen University)