The following is the schedule for the 2018 Footcandle Film Festival. All screenings and events take place at the Drendel Auditorium at the SALT Block with the exception of the closing awards ceremony and dinner which will be held at Moretz Mills on Lenoir-Rhyne Boulevard.
Click on any of the film links to read more about the film and watch a trailer if available. To view the list of films by type, you can visit the Narrative Short Films, Documentary Short Films, Narrative Feature Films, or Documentary Feature Films pages directly.
Not interested in buying your tickets online? Would you rather order your tickets by mail or at a Footcandle Film Screening? Click to download a print-ready form to order festival tickets.
Thursday, September 27th
- 7:00pm — Special Event: UNC-TV Public Media North Carolina with support from Footcandle Film Society and Hickory Metro Convention Center and Visitors Bureau are proud to present an exclusive preview screening of UNC-TV Public Media North Carolina’s CATAWBANS.Thursday, September 27, 7:00 – 9:00 PM, Drendel Auditorium at the SALT Block. Space is limited, registration is required! Please RSVP via Eventbrite
Friday, September 28th
- 10:00am — Film Screening: Silas (Documentary Feature)
- 1:00pm — Film Screening: Fort Maria (Narrative Feature)
- 3:00pm — Film Screening: Soufra (Documentary Feature)
- 6:30pm — OPENING NIGHT EVENT: SHORT FILM SELECTIONS, RECEPTION, and “NIGHT GALLERY” COLLECTION
Saturday, September 29th
- 10:00am — Film Screening: The Best of All Worlds (Narrative Feature)
- 1:00pm — Film Screening: Double Take: The Art of Elizabeth King (Documentary Feature)
- 2:30pm — Film Screening: Saints Rest (Narrative Feature)
- 4:30pm — Short Documentary Film Block: Five short documentary films, including Strange Kid, The Journey to Iceland, The Maestro, Somewhere in Beulah Land, and I Am Bisha
- 7:00pm — Footcandle Spotlight Presentation: American Animals (Narrative Feature)
- 9:30pm — Film Screening: In Blue (Narrative Feature)
Sunday, September 30th
- 10:00am — Short Narrative Film Block: Four short narrative films, including Adnan’s Father, Arlo Alone, The Peculiar Abilities of Mr. Mahler, and Apart
- 12:00pm — Film Screening: Alone in the Game (Documentary Feature)
- 2:00pm — Film Screening: Don’t Talk to Irene (Narrative Feature)
- 4:00pm — Film Screening: In Pursuit of Justice (Documentary Feature)
- 7:00pm — CLOSING EVENT: AWARDS CEREMONY AND DINNER (Moretz Mills; Doors open at 6:30pm)