The following is the schedule for the 2017 Footcandle Film Festival. All screenings and events take place at the Drendel Auditorium at the SALT Block with the exception of the closing awards ceremony and dinner which will be held at Moretz Mills on Lenoir-Rhyne Boulevard.
Tickets go on sale to the general public for all screenings and events on July 31st, 2017.
Click on any of the film links to read more about the film and watch a trailer if available. To view the list of films by type, you can visit the Short Films, Narrative Films, or Documentary Films pages directly.
Friday, September 22nd
- 11:00am — Film Screening: “The Islands and the Whales“
- 1:00pm — Film Screening: “Longing for a Kiss“
- 3:00pm — Film Screening: “The Cinema Travellers“
- 6:30pm — OPENING NIGHT EVENT: SHORT FILM SELECTIONS, RECEPTION, and “NIGHT GALLERY” COLLECTION
Saturday, September 23rd
- 10:00am — Film Screening: “Prison Dogs“
- 12:00pm — Film Screening: “Across the River“
- 2:00pm — Film Screening: “Purple Dreams“
- 4:00pm — Short Narrative Feature Block: Four short narrative films, including “Ki“, “Crab Trap“, “No Name Maddox“, and “Unbecoming“
- 7:00pm — Film Screening: “What Children Do“
- 9:00pm — Film Screening: “As If I’m Crazy“
Sunday, September 24th
- 10:00am — Film Screening: “She, the Sergeant Matacho“
- 12:00pm — Short Documentary Feature Block: Four short documentary films, including “Nobody Dies Here“, “Girl-Hearted“, “The Submarine“, and “Refuge“
- 2:00pm — Film Screening: “We’re Still Together“
- 4:00pm — Film Screening: “The Ties That Bind“
- 6:30pm — CLOSING EVENT: AWARDS CEREMONY AND DINNER (Moretz Mills)